I remember the first time I heard about Smorgasburg – “it’s like, this plaaaace with all this good food…”
But let me tell you people! This is not JUST a place with all this good food – it is the BEES KNEES! (deep breath). Smorgasburg is THE ULTIMATE foodie playground for everyone and anyone who doesn’t have a problem with stuffing their face and staring at THIS backdrop:
I didn’t know what to expect, but I did know to forget about these pesky little things called calories and to skip breakfast, and I’m SO glad I did. Side note: make sure you go with someone who leaves their diet (and dignity) at the door and has no problem consuming things like a ramen. noodle. burger. Yep, you heard me. It’s a college students’ dream and totally appropriate to consume NOT blacked out and not only at 3 a.m. Allow me to break it down for you:
- 1 salty, delicious “bun” made entirely of compacted ramen noodles
- 1 perfectly grilled, juicy burger
- 1 thick slice of melted cheese
- THE SAUCE – I don’t know what this sauce is.. I ate my burger way too quickly to fully examine, but make sure you get the sauce – trust me! (you do, right?)
- handful of loose leaf lettuce/maybe arugula? It practically melts into the burger, but this sprinkle of green makes it healthy, right? RIGHT?! Right.
So I needed something to wash down the burger I just inhaled and came across VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP LEMONADE (Rewind <<< erRRrRr-RUH!<<<) So I needed something to wash down the burger and came across Vermont Maple Syrup Lemonade. Let me tell you, this stuff is RuRL good! And it’s almost like drinking the Master Cleanse? Kind of? Okay… moving on…. Of course the stand was also selling sugared butternut squash donuts, and that was basically the breakfast I didn’t eat that day, soooo…..
Lastly, I wasn’t planning on eating desert, but there was this magnetic pull towards these little things called, “gooey cake bites” that I couldn’t steer away from. In fact, they were actually calling my name! Layered cake perfection – crispy on top, soft and gooey in the center, all on board a soft, solid, moist cake foundation – LORDY LORD! There are no words, none. Well.. maybe in the words of Nike, “Just Do It” —- Swoosh! Just do it all, eat it all and don’t ask any questions. Bon appetite!
Overview of Smorgasburg:
- Bring Cash
- Go with a friend(s) who is fully able to believe Smorgasburg is this magical place where calories don’t exist, and won’t judge you for stuffing your face – I mean, what type of friend are they if they do that anyways?
- “Just DO it” – you won’t be disappointed
- Wearing overalls is basically like having a third hand, making things easier to do (i.e. when you need to double fist a donut and a large lemonade). I mean look how convenient the bib pocket is holding my cash and phone?! Just saying..
- Tag or send me pictures of what you try!